Monday, November 14, 2005

Peter Drucker: 1909 -2005

Peter Drucker passed away last Friday, November 11, 2005. He was 95 years young. I've been a Drucker fan since my college days, when I discovered his books at the library. I have read many of his books and always enjoyed reading his essays and articles published in the Harvard Business Review, the Wall Street Journal and elsewhere. Although I never got a chance to meet the man, one of the pieces he published in the Wall Street Journal back in 1984 changed my life. In the editorial, Peter noted that if you wanted to be successful in the business world, you should always strive to surround yourself with excellence. This simple insight became the foundation of my business career.

I'll miss Peter Drucker's wise counsel. He was one of the best in the business.

May he rest in peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home